Monday, January 01, 2007

Take him on the road...

I believe that the boy ought to be a professional comedian. The wife took him to stay with the great-grandparents overnight. They had not been gone more than 10 or 15 minutes when she called and said if the movie was changed to Shrek it would "Cheer him up." She asked him if he wasn't happy, then he stated again that it would cheer him up....

Later she called after running through the drive-through to get a sprite for him and, after he took a sip stated "Now that's what I'm talkin' about!" I mean, the boy is only 3 1/2 years old and already knows what things to say to get people around him to laugh.

It has been nice to just chill out today. I moved some of our musical stuff back into what we call the music room. I've got to give up my office for the new arrival to have his own bedroom. Although, I was thinking that we would let the boys share a room. But, the boy will get a new room and the baby will take over the nursery.

We had an awesome supper tonight. Turkey breast from honeybaked ham, garlic mashed potatoes and green bean casserole. Pumpkin Pie for dessert - I can't believe I hadn't had the first slice the entire holiday season including Thanksgiving....