Thursday, January 04, 2007

Late Night

I really don't want to go back to work in the morning. I am extremely rested and would LOVE some more time to catch up on things. However, I know I need to get back and get things going. There are so many things that we have to do - especially getting ready for the new year. The whole thing has to be ready fairly soon after we get back.

I am also going to be on the committee for some new software and backing up the DBA on some of his tasks. This will be extremely interesting, and I hope that my input will be beneficial. I just hope it doesn't interfere with a lot of the other tasks I am required to participate in.

There will only be a couple of us back tomorrow since most of the department will still be on vacation. All of these folks are getting these pins for 20, 25 and 30 years of service. I am almost done with year 2. That's how they have all these extra days that they can take time off. Oh well, at least I am no longer the low man on the totem pole!