Friday, January 05, 2007

Hello Professor...

Not really a professor, but I will be teaching a course at a local technical school a couple of nights a week. I am really excited about doing this. It will be a basic photoshop class which I should be able to do with no problem. It will really depend on how many students I have and what they know. I am hoping that there will be nobody there that has experience with photoshop since it will be a trial by fire.

More or less, the person who was supposed to teach the class quit at the last minute. I only have until Monday to prepare, no book and I was supposed to get the syllabus last night. It never came....

I don't know why, but I do enjoy teaching adults. I try to look for those who have the skill set to pick up on information and techniques rapidly and pair them with the ones who are struggling. That way, the fast learners don't get bored and the slower learners can keep up. It doesn't always work out, but I can adjust to those situations if necessary.

The one thing I didn't ask about was pay. However, I am sure that it will be decent. Anything extra is welcome right now as we are going to have to be out quite a bit with the boy's surgery and the new addition. There is no telling what other opportunities this might lead to as well. I would really like to do some online training, but I am not sure how far along the school is on getting that up and going...