Friday, January 12, 2007

Sadness

We received word yesterday that one of my co-workers lost his 14 year old son to a battle with cancer. I understand that he had been extremely ill, but before the break seemed to be doing better. I can't imagine what he's going through - I wouldn't wish something like this on my worst enemy. Thinking about the boy's surgery is absolutely no comparison to something like this, and I know I am blessed that we have the ability to take care of this while he is young.

OK - what is up with the weather? Are we going to get to have Winter? I see all of these places out in the west that are getting temperatures well below freezing, and here we are with early Spring temperatures. This is why everybody is sick because it is so cold at night and so warm during the day. I'd love to have a nice cold snap and maybe a little snow before Spring officially gets here. I'm not holding my breath....