Saturday, January 06, 2007

Already 5

My niece turns 5 today. I absolutely can not believe that time has passed by as quickly as it has. It seems just a heartbeat ago that she was in the nursery at Piedmont getting her first bath and us thinking how rough the nurse seemed with her. Or holding her for the first time and watching her try to nurse on my pinkie finger. I was looking through photos the other day and found some that we took at the hospital that day. 5 years goes by fast!

Today is the bowling party. The boy is looking forward to it - he keeps asking every few minutes if it is time to leave yet. Of course he wants to wear something exactly opposite of what would be appropriate for the day. I am really looking forward to seeing him bowl for the first time. They will have the buddy bumpers on there, so I hope that he can get enough momentum to get the thing down the lane.