Thursday, January 11, 2007

Sore Throat

They finally called about the boys surgery. It will be on February 16th with a pre-op that prior Monday. I am going to take off the 16th and the 19th to be with him for the surgery and to keep him most of the day that Monday. Then I'll take him to his great-grandparent's house a little over an hour away. He'll stay with them for 4 or 5 nights, then we'll ring him home for the weekend. Finally, he'll stay with my parents through the next Friday and we'll pick him up after work that day.

I am so thankful that we have family that are close by and willing to do this for us. With the new addition coming along, we need all the extra time we can save so that we can be together those first couple of weeks. I remember with our first born how difficult it was for the wife to get around that first week. That is definitely major surgery, and this time she has a child almost 4 that will want to be loved on and held, too. I think we'll begin even now talking to him about what will happen to mommy and how he will have to be careful with her and not be rough for a while.