Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Intelligent?

I am truly amazed at how someone with basic computer skills can get a position that 1) pays as much if not more than someone in a position of authority and 2) requires you to be above average in your daily routines. I'm realizing more and more that people that are on the same payscale as I am have no clue what they are talking about, and the ones below me on the payscale depend entirely too much on us that are above them.

A basic question - if someone is trying to open a file and the file says access is denied, wouldn't the first thing you would think of be "That user account doesn't have the correct authority to open that file - maybe I should check permissions"? Maybe I am just too logical... I mean, if the lights on your car are on and you open the car door and hear a dinging noise, why would you check to see if the trunk is open?

To me it is almost like someone calling a manager over to the cash register everytime a customer has produce because there is no barcode on the bananas. The manager has things he has to do which are most likely important, requiring concentration and not being interrupted every 5 minutes. Yet, as busy as I am, here I am blogging about it. Just needed to vent....