Saturday, December 23, 2006

We made it!

With little time to spare, we actually made it in time for the party. I got a shower and took the trash off, then went and picked up a sandwich tray. Ran by a drug store to pick up some OTC allergy medicine for the boy to help with his allergies and coughing. I went to the place i had ordered the wings from, and when I got there they discovered that the girl had put us down for the 24th instead of today. Luckily, it didn't take them long to make them for us. However, several folks showed up a little early, and I still had to get home, get this stuff in and get dressed.

We had a great spread. The sandwiches, wings, veggie tray and dip, pasta salad, cheese dip, chicken nuggets, shrimp and lots of sweets. Everyone seemed to have plenty to eat and enjoyed it. We had a couple of fun games that my mom brought that had prizes. I was playing with the new camera my sister got for Christmas. It's a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi and the thing is phenomenal! Anyway, the kids opened up their gifts. The boy got a karaoke machine, a keyboard, a globe and a whole mess of little things.

We drew numbers to do the white elephant gifts. There was only one steal in the whole game. I wound up with a little electronic Christmas tree with moneys that ring bells that plays 3 traditional songs. Holly got a really nice goody basket with all kinds of movie treats. The wife played some Christmas songs for the kids. The boy was in a mood all night and cried for most of it. Of course he perked up after everyone left. Don't know what's going on with him, but I hope this is a phase and he'll come out of it. Especially with a new baby on the way.

Tomorrow is the trip to the in-laws. Actually, I think this is the first year since the wife and I have been together that we've not spent the night Christmas Eve Eve...