Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Police are back!



Win a New York fly-away to see The Police live.


I was so excited to find out that The Police were going on tour again. I am certain that it will be a great show. They have so many songs that I enjoy listening to. The cool thing is that the new "Best of" police cd has ALL good songs on it.

I think out of all the songs on the album, I can say that "Wrapped Around Your Finger" is probably my top pick. The style of this song is a little bit of a departure of their normal Reggae inspired sound. It is more of a Reggae Ballad, which is extremely unique. I am certain that Sting's powerful vocals are still as strong today as they were when these songs were written. I don't know anyone who can match his vocal style! Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers are truly talented as well to be a part of a 3 piece and produce as much sound as they do.

The Police have definitely influenced others to think outside the box when it comes to music. They took a style of music, put their own artistic freedom and made it into a beloved classic. I think bands like The English Beat and the Mighty Mighty Bosstones owe a debt of gratitude to the The Police for giving this brand of music a voice in contemporary art. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of this police cd!