Friday, February 23, 2007

Ten SQL Server Functions That You Hardly Use But Should

It is amazing to me that the more I learn about SQL code, the more I realize how little I actually know about it! However, it is a lot of fun to find information like this because there are times that I beat my head against the wall trying to figure something out, and a function could easily resolve the problem. I'm certain that I am not the only person that runs into issues like these, because there are numerous forums out there with folks asking the same questions. It is nice to know that there is a community out there of gurus who are willing to help out. I know that, if I actually had anything to offer, I'd be glad to provide answers. However, most end-users actually deal with real SQL tables whereas most of my dealings have been with proprietary software vendors and I can't make changes to the underlying database. Because of this, my experience level is somewhat limited.



read more | digg story